January 12 - February 20, 2004
- Reception: Thursday, January 29, 6 -8 p.m., Gallery Lounge
- Gallery Talk at 7 p.m. in the Gallery Lounge
George Atkinson received his BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco, California and is the assistant coordinator for the Art-In-Architecture program for the Capital Development Board, State of Illinois. Mr. Atkinson currently lives in Springfield, Illinois.
Selected Recent Exhibitions:
- 2003 Richland Community College (Solo Exhibition)
- 2002 Southwestern Illinois College (Solo Exhibition)
- 2001 Illinois State Museum (Solo Exhibition)
Deeply committed to the quality of self-sufficiency in his artwork, George Atkinson has gradually and consciously shifted his motivation from a desire to capture the shades of daily change in the rural landscape to a more personal involvement with the family farms of the midwest. This involvement is primarily manifested in the lives and livelihoods of family dairy farms, many of which are in his family or belong to close friends.