Start your degree at Parkland and finish at any 4-year school. Our credits are transferable, so you can save thousands on your first two years of college, no matter where you decide to go. When you’re ready to transfer, we’re here to help.

Interested in transferring to a state university?

State University Transfer Day is Wednesday, April 6 from 10:30 am to 1 pm in the Student Union. Admissions representatives from the following schools will be available to answer your questions and share transfer information:

Chicago State University
Eastern Illinois University
Governors State University
Illinois State University
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
University of Illinois Chicago
University of Illinois Springfield
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
Western Illinois University

Cost Comparison Per Year

Institution Cost
Parkland College $4,104*
4-year Public (Average) $14,268**
4-year Private (Average) $23,067**

* Full-Time (2 Semesters @ 12 credit hours per semester in-district tuition
** Source: Illinois Student Assistance Commission

Parkland's Guarantee

Parkland students who complete the requirements for a baccalaureate-oriented associate degree can transfer all credits in courses selected with the assistance of a Parkland College Advisor to a specified, IAI participating, four-year college or university in Illinois as planned. If a course selected with the assistance of an advisor via student or academic planning does not transfer, Parkland will refund the tuition for that course.

*In some cases, a course may not fulfill the degree requirements of the IAI transfer program and would be considered an elective

Transfer Options

We strongly encourage you to meet with a Parkland Academic Advisor early in your college planning to ensure that you are on track to transfer as quickly as possible. To schedule, please visit

Associate Degrees

To pursue an associate’s degree at Parkland, you’ll enroll in general education courses and a few interest-specific courses. After completion, you’ll be ready to transfer to the four-year institution of your choice! Can’t come to campus? No problem, some degrees can be finished completely online.

Associate in Arts – A.A. (completely online option available)
Associate in Science – A.S. (completely online option available)
Associate in Fine Arts – A.F.A.
Associate in Engineering Science – A.E.S.

Parkland has transfer agreements with many four-year universities in the state of Illinois to ensure that you’ll be able to apply your Parkland credits toward a bachelor’s degree at their university. To see which schools we have these agreements with, and for more information about transferring to these schools, select the institution that you are interested in transferring to here:

Franklin University

Transfer information

Northern Illinois University

Southern Illinois University Carbondale

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

University of Illinois Chicago

2+2 Agreements

Parkland College has developed 2+2 Agreements with selected universities to provide students the opportunity to obtain bachelor’s degrees in technical and other specific fields. Under the 2+2 Agreement, Parkland graduates who have earned Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees in specific occupational programs or A.A. or A.S. degrees with specific course work can transfer to the cooperating four-year institution, usually with junior standing.

2+2 Agreements only differ from regular transfers due to specific degree types.
Click here for more information on which schools and programs we have a 2+2 Agreement with. 

General Education Certificate

Parkland offers the opportunity to earn a General Education Certificate (GEC). In pursuing a GEC, you will take the general education classes accepted by all public four-year institutions and many private institutions as part of the General Education Core Curriculum (GECC) in the state of Illinois. This certificate can be completed in one year, and you won’t be required to take lower-division general education requirements at your transfer school, so you can start taking major-specific courses as soon as you transfer. Visit our GECC page to learn more about Parkland’s program, or see for more information on the GECC.

Take individual courses required by your transfer school

Schools may require other pre-requisites for transfer admission outside of general education coursework. You should consult with your Parkland advisor and the four-year institution you plan on transferring to. For more information on how your courses will transfer nationally visit

Please see our FAQ for more.