Sometimes, your best growth in college comes outside the classroom. It's time to get involved! The Parkland College Office of Student Life will help you boost your résumé with volunteer and leadership opportunities. Our 30+ campus clubs and organizations offer you numerous opportunities to become acquainted with other students, develop leadership skills, and work with those who share similar interests. Clubs range from honorary to career-focused to multicultural to special-interest groups. You can join an existing organization, re-establish a inactive club, or even form a new club.
In addition, Student Life sponsors numerous campus events and collaborates with other college departments to offer a variety of programs for students:
Welcome Week activities, concerts, entertainers
Sexual responsibility, motivational speakers, study skills
Leadership workshops, service-learning opportunities
Student Life will also help you with the little (and not so little) details, too, like getting a student ID, finding a place to live, and preparing for commencement.
COBRA QUIZ BOWL
Test your Knowledge and earn a Betsy's Bistro Gift Card. Please join us via Zoom on Wednesday, March 24th for our 1st ever COBRA QUIZ BOWL.
We are excited to announce a family edition at 6:00pm. Parkland families can compete against each other with category topics like cartoons, Disney, sports, childrens movies.
Grab 3-4 friends and sign up for the Team Competition at 7:00pm. If your friends are not free this night no worries we will assign you a team and you will meet new Parkland students, in a safe environment.
Please pre-register by Monday, March 21st to ensure an extra gift sent to your home before the event. Registration link:
Quiz Bowl Registration
Illinois Community College Trustees Association 2021 Paul Simon Student Essay Contest!
Win $250 to be used toward tuition at Parkland College or academic expenses.
1. All currently enrolled full-time and part-time Illinois community college students are eligible to participate.
2. Entries must be typed (500 words or less) and address the theme “How My Community College has Changed My Life.”
3. An official entry form must accompany each essay (see below).
4. Essays must be received in Parkland’s Student Life email email@example.com by 5pm, Friday, March 19, 2021.
5. The ICCTA Public Relations Committee will choose the statewide winning essay on the basis of writing style, grammar and punctuation, clarity of expression, and relevancy to the theme.
6. Essays will be returned by ICCTA upon written request.
At the local level:
- $250.00 stipend to be applied to tuition or academic expenses at Parkland College in the fall of 2021 to the Parkland student whose essay is selected to be sent to the State ICCTA Contest.
At the state level:
- The Parkland College recipient will be submitted to the state contest. One winner will be selected from the state contest to receive a $500.00 cash stipend for academic expenses for the fall 2021 semester;
- Special recognition at the ICCTA’s June 2021 award banquet in Bloomington-Normal
· For more information, call Tracy Kleparski (217) 351-2206.
Paul Simon Scholarship Application
Due by Friday, March 19, 2021.
Visit Student Life Upcoming Events for a listing of programs for the entire spring semester or email Student Life .