Welcome to Parkland College's Division of Counseling Services. Parkland offers many counseling-related services, including academic advising, accessibility services, mental health and supportive counseling, career services, and TRiO/SSS grant support. Career Services assistance is available to current and prospective students, as well as community members. Academic Advising and Accessibility Services support prospective, current, and returning students. Supportive counseling through the Counseling Support Center is free to currently enrolled students. TRiO Student Support Services is a selective admissions program available to qualifying Parkland students.
Counseling Services includes the following departments:
- Academic Advising: We offer the academic and educational planning support students need to complete their chosen degree or certificate. We assist students with academic planning and course selection, transfer options, locating and using academic supports, and guidance through the educational path.
- Counseling Support Center: Short-term, solution-focused, and confidential mental health counseling is available for currently enrolled students. Students experiencing significant distress are seen as soon as possible.
- Career Services: Students and community members may access resources for exploring their interests, skills, and values to select college majors and career goals. Services include career exploration, assistance with resume writing, interviewing skills, and other job search strategies.
- Accessibility Services: Parkland offers academic accommodations for students with documented disabilities. These accommodations can include alternate testing arrangements, note takers, textbooks in alternate format, sign language interpreters, captioning services, and adaptive aids.
- TRiO Student Support Services: TRiO/Student Support Services is a grant-funded academic support program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. Active TRiO participants receive free services aimed at promoting academic success and achievement, including guidance, tutoring, financial literacy, transfer assistance, and more.