Instruction will include both online and on-campus options. To download a copy, go to Modes of Instructions guide.
Fully in-person sections
(no section code) meet on campus at published days and times; while instructors might offer some online resources, the main course components are all on-campus.
Hybrid sections (H) have both scheduled on-campus meetings times and online components. Attendance at the on-campus sessions is expected. Online components may be scheduled at specific published days and times or may be unscheduled, allowing students to engage in the course on their own time. Students should review published registration materials to see if the online meetings are scheduled or unscheduled.
Flexible sections (F) meet on campus at published days and times but allow students the option to join online at that time if they are unable to be on campus for some meetings. Faculty may also provide students the opportunity to watch the recorded class to keep up with work or to review material.
Online sections (W) are totally online. Students can typically choose the time of day they work on the course, but will be required to meet posted deadlines for work. Faculty interact with students through online office hours, chats, discussion posts, and email.
Online synchronous sections (V) are fully online but with synchronous, scheduled, real-time lectures and interaction with faculty. Students will be expected to meet online with their instructor and classmates at scheduled dates and times.
Remote Learning IT Supports
Make sure you’re ready for ALL classes—online, hybrid, and in-person!
Students! Do you know exactly what you need for success in your online and hybrid class environments at Parkland College? Coby does! Here’s the scoop:
BEFORE your classes begin, make sure you:
- Create your new ParklandOne password here, especially if you’ve been away for more than two years.
- Explore the Cobra Connection here: Discover the ins and outs of using the Cobra Learning classroom environment and its student support widgets for peer tutoring, writing lab, presentation center, and success coaching in this orientation.
- Have the Right Equipment ready (or borrow it!). Requirements:
- A computer or laptop that has Windows 10, 128+ GB of storage space, 8+ GB of RAM, Microsoft Office 2019, and an updated internet browser installed on it. You won’t be able to use your cell phone, tablet, or Chromebook for class!
- Access to WiFi with a high connection speed
- A webcam, microphone, and speakers (or a USB/Bluetooth headset with a microphone)
- A charged cell phone to complete two-step verification into email, Cobra, etc.
- Learn more specifics on equipment requirements here.
- No computer? Don’t worry! You can get FREE help:
- Check out an approved laptop for the entire semester here.
- Use Parkland WiFi all around campus.
- Get your Office 365 license here.
- Update your browser here.
DURING your classes, you can get:
- On-demand help with navigating Cobra Learning! Just look for the pop-up chat box.
- Technology questions answered! Here are some great resources for accessing the main tech systems such as My.Parkland, Cobra Learning, email, and My.Parkland: