Parkland College is concerned for the safety and well-being of its students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In response to this concern, we have created a Crisis Management Team and a Crisis Management Plan.
The Parkland Crisis Management Team meets on a regular basis and consists of the following members:
- Mike Trame, Vice President, Student Services: U334 • 217/351-2551
- William Colbrook, Director, Public Safety/Chief of Police: A160 • 217/351-2884
- Marietta Turner, Dean of Students: U242 • 217/351-2505
- Pam Lau, Vice President, Academic Services : U333 • 217/351-2542
- Angela Jancola, Counseling Services: U275 • 217/373-3826
- Jim Bustard, Director, Physical Plant: X108 • 217/351-2211
- Bonita Burgess, Associate Director, Public Safety: A160 • 217/353-2313
- Stephanie Stuart, Director, Marketing and Public Relations: X156 • 217/353-2683
The Crisis Management Plan, detailed in Chapter One of the Policies and Procedures Manual, identifies the steps this team will take to prepare for each phase of crisis management: prevention, crisis management, and post-crisis management. An emergency protocol for the campus is included, along with questions to consider during the evaluation phase of post-crisis management. Additional information is detailed in the Campus Emergency Operations Plan.