Mission & Purposes
The mission of Parkland College is to engage the community in learning.
The following purposes are of equal importance in fulfilling the mission of Parkland College:
- Serve students by providing:
- High-quality and responsive developmental, technical-vocational, transfer, and lifelong educational programs;
- High-quality and responsive support services;
- A climate throughout the college that values and promotes integrity, inquiry, diversity, inclusion, active citizenship, global awareness, and academic freedom
- Serve employees by providing a supportive and responsive work environment
- Serve the larger community by providing services and resources that promote the intellectual, cultural, and economic development of Illinois Community College District 505.
Statement of Core Values
As an institution of learning, Parkland College cultivates inquiry, practical application of knowledge, and broad enrichment across our community. The following values are important to the fulfillment of Parkland College’s mission to provide programs and services of high quality to our students and community.
- Honesty and Integrity
In our daily operations, our classrooms, and all of our interactions, it is essential that we communicate openly, truthfully, and without hypocrisy.
- Fairness and Just Treatment
We advocate and strive for respect, equity, and justice in all of our operations and proceedings.
We believe that employees and students are personally and mutually accountable for their actions as they carry out their duties. We understand the need to balance the pursuit of our own well-being with concern for others. Likewise, we understand the importance of balancing personal accountability with graciousness in the acceptance of help from others.
We celebrate the diversity in both our community and our world. Our goal is to recognize, promote, utilize, and educate one another regarding the unique qualities and shared humanity of all people and cultures.
We provide a forum for innovation, critical thinking, open inquiry, and lifelong learning opportunities.
- Public Trust
In our efforts to serve the community, we honor the trust placed in us by our citizenry. We also rely on our community to guide and advise us as we continue to serve its needs.