For all current Parkland students, professional faculty counselors in the Counseling Service department are offering supportive counseling services via phone.
Supportive phone counseling is different from mental health counseling. Parkland Counselors are available to offer support, resources, referrals to community agencies (when appropriate) and guidance during this uncertain time.
For more information or to start tele-counseling services:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating you would like to receive tele-counseling services.
- The email should be sent by your Parkland College email account.
- The email should include: your full name, your Parkland Student ID number and a contact number so we can call you to set up your intake meeting. In the email, indicate when the best times are to contact you.
2. You will receive a call from us to set the time for your intake appointment.
3. After the intake appointment is set, you will receive an email confirmation with the date/time of your appointment along with the email address of your intake counselor.
4. Prior the intake meeting, please read, sign and email the following documents to your intake counselor’s email address:
Counselors are available for tele-counseling from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you need immediate assistance in case of medical or other emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
If this is after-hours and you are in need of immediate mental-health assistance, please call THE CRISIS LINE at 217/359-4141. Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. They provide 24-hour suicide prevention and crisis hotline to the Champaign County area.