Continuing students who do not fit in the above categories, please proceed to the instructions for scheduling an advising appointment below.
Instructions for scheduling an advising appointment:
Please read this entire section BEFORE making your online advising appointment.
Our department is using Microsoft Teams for virtual advising appointments. There will be a link to Join the Teams Meeting in the email confirmation and 1-day reminder that you will receive after you make your appointment. You can open this in an internet browser (Chrome or Internet Explorer) or you can download the Microsoft Teams app on your mobile device. The advisor may share their screen with you, so whatever is easiest for you to see plus talk. If it asks you for a log in, sign in with your Parkland student email credentials.
After clicking on the on the scheduling link:
1. You will select your type of online advising session:
- General Advising or New Student Advising
- OR advising for specific-populations:
- Advising with Tanino (typically for students with CCS 098 reading placement)
- Pathway Academic Advising (choose specific College/School)
- ESL/International Academic Advising
- Aviation Academic Advising
2. You will then “Select Staff”:
- For General Advising or New Student Advising, you may pick any advisor/counselor you would like.
- For Specific Populations, there will be specific advisors identified.
3. You will pick your day and time for the online advising appointment.
4. You will fill out your identifying information, answer some questions, and click “Book.” Please be sure to double check that all your information is correct. If your email address is typed incorrectly, you will not receive a confirmation or reminder email with the link to the Teams meeting. If you do not know your Parkland ID number or student email address, there are directions at the bottom of this page for how to locate it on my.Parkland.edu.
5. After you click "Book," you will get an email confirmation regarding the booking. If you do not get an email confirmation or if you need to cancel the appointment, please email CounselingServices@parkland.edu or your advisor directly.
6. When it is time for your appointment, click on the "Join the Teams Meeting" link in your confirmation or reminder email. You can open this in an internet browser (Chrome or Internet Explorer) or you can download the Microsoft Teams app on your mobile device. The advisor may share their screen with you, so whatever is easiest for you to see plus talk on. If it asks you for a log in, sign in with your Parkland student email credentials.
To find your Parkland student ID number or Parkland student email address:
- Log into my.Parkland.edu
- Click on WebAdvisor for Students
- Click on Academic Profile
- Click on My Profile
- If any of the information is incorrect or needs updated, please email Registration@parkland.edu.