Therapy is a journey of self-exploration empowerment and growth. Parkland Counselors provide a safe place to do this and help to strengthening your abilities to cope with emotional, interpersonal, and academic challenges.
The Counselors here at Parkland offer free therapy for all current students on an individual or group basis. Individual sessions can be held in-person or via Microsoft Teams. Groups meet in-person unless otherwise noted.
Our counselors can also assist with identifying resources and referrals to community agencies (when appropriate).
For more information or to start counseling services:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your Parkland College email. Please include:
- Your full name
- Your Parkland Student ID number
- Whether you are interested in individual counseling, group counseling or both
- A phone number and the best times to contact you to set up an intake meeting
2. The Counseling Support Center will call to set a time/date for an intake appointment.
3. You will receive an email confirmation of along with the email address of your intake counselor.
4. Prior to the appointment, please read, sign and email the following to your intake counselor:
Counselors are available for counseling from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
If you need immediate assistance in case of medical or other emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
If this is after-hours and you are in need of immediate mental-health assistance, please call THE CRISIS LINE at 217/359-4141. Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. They provide 24-hour suicide prevention and crisis hotline to the Champaign County area.