Student Records

Consumer Information

The Department of Education requires colleges that participate in federal student aid programs to provide certain information to current and prospective students and employees. This is information about: financial aid; the school’s campus, facilities, student athletes, and gainful employment programs; as well as campus security and fire safety, drug and alcohol abuse prevention, and programs about them. All required consumer information can be found online at the Consumer Information website.

Educational Records

Educational records are maintained by the Office of Admissions and Records in U214. In accordance with the college policy and state and federal regulations, student records are maintained in a manner that protects the privacy of students and provides eligible students access to the information recorded.

Electronic Files

Applications, outside educational transcripts, and all other paper documents that pertain directly to students' educational records at Parkland College are imaged and kept in an electronic format. For questions regarding student records, including electronic files, please contact the registrar.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, also known as the Buckley Amendment, helps protect the privacy of student records. The Act provides for the right to inspect and review education records, the right to seek to amend those records and to limit disclosure of information from the records. The Act applies to all institutions that are the recipients of federal funding. 

One provision of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act requires educational institutions to allow students who are currently enrolled to suppress certain information regarded as public directory information. Only a student who is currently enrolled at Parkland College may suppress public information items by completing and submitting a Public Directory Information form. Forms may be obtained from the Office of Admissions and Records in U214

Financial Records

All financial records are confidential. Parkland follows all laws on keeping this information private.

Grades and Standing

Parkland College has minimum academic standards required for satisfactory progress towards completion. For more information on minimum standards and implications for not meeting them, please visit the Academic Probation, Suspension, Dismissal webpage

For detailed information on grading, view the grading section of the Parkland Catalog.

Students who wish to take a class without a letter grade being entered on the transcript have two options. They may audit the class or take the class on a credit/no credit basis. Students are advised to speak with an academic advisor as well as financial aid advisor about the possible impact of either option on graduation requirements and on financial aid awards prior to requesting an audit or credit/no credit status in a class. See our Admissions and Records webpage for more information regarding ungraded classes.

Medical Records

Students may disclose medical information to different college staff based on services students use or enrolled program requirements. Parkland follows all laws on keeping this information private.


Incoming: High school or college transcripts or GED. You will need to present your final official high school transcripts before receiving financial aid.

Contact your high school and any college you have attended and have them send an official copy of your transcripts or GED scores to: 

Parkland College
Admissions and Records
2400 West Bradley Ave.
Champaign, IL 61821

Please email with any questions.

Outgoing: Official Parkland transcript can be sent electronically or by regular mail to other institutions. The transcript will show all courses taken at Parkland College. For information on how to order transcripts, visit the Transcripts webpage