To all current Parkland students, professional faculty counselors in the Counseling Service department offer:
- Free, short-term,
solution-focused, and confidential mental health counseling.
- Referrals to community agencies, when appropriate.
- Psycho-educational workshops on a variety of topics. Currently, we are offering the two-part RIO Series. Please see below for more information.
Counselors are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. To schedule an intake appointment to learn more about our services, please call our office at 217/351-2219 or stop by the office. We are located in U-267.
If you need immediate assistance in case of medical or other emergencies, the Campus Police office at Parkland College is staffed 24 hours, and can be reached at 217/351-2369. Public Safety officers are available to anyone on the campus — students, faculty or staff.
If this is after-hours and you are in need of assistance, please call THE CRISIS LINE at 217/359-4141. They provide 24-hour suicide prevention and crisis hotline to the Champaign County area.
Counseling Services is offering a two-part series designed to help you:
- Manage stress, anxiety, and other emotions productively
- Learn mindfulness skills that can have a positive impact in the classroom and in your relationships.
- Identify what’s most important to you and prioritize accordingly.
The series is open to all currently enrolled Parkland students, but you must be able to attend both sessions in the series. The sessions will be held in U-268, the Counseling Services conference room.
Please click the link and select your session
Monday / February 4 + 11 | 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. | with Angela Jancola
Monday/ February 18 + 25 | 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. |with Daniaga Davis, MSW Intern
Monday/ April 8 + 15 | 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. |with Dennis Cockrum