Want to earn a living that supports your family or yourself? SWFT can help!
Support for Workforce Training
SWFT* provides funding for short-term (1 year or less) training that leads you to employment in in-demand fields with life-supporting wages. Besides tuition and fee waivers to take your classes, you may also receive assistance in the form of a stipend. A high school credential is not required to be a part of the program.
Interested? Now what?
- Review the available programs and program schedule (click here)
- Determine the career area that interest you the most
- Sign-up for an information session in the career area you've selected
- Receive an e-mail from Parkland College with information session details--check your junk and spam folders regularly!
- Watch the information session and follow the directions
Information sessions will:
- Be shared to those who complete the sign-up form
- Share the steps needed to apply for SWFT funding in each training program
- Give you a better idea of what to expect in the training program and career opportunities after completion
Sign-up below to register for a virtual information session of your choice.
If you are unable to access the information session or would prefer to attend an in-person session, please contact our office at 217/353-2150 or e-mail us at email@example.com. Please note, limited seating is available for in-person sessions and will follow IDPH guidelines.
If helping people is your calling, Parkland can prepare you for a successful career in healthcare from learning what it takes to be a Sterile Processing Technician to a Nursing Assistant (CNA) to a professional Medial Biller and Coder! Start the next step, sign up to learn more.
If you have an interest in hands-on careers, like to work with your hands, and are not afraid of hard work, sign up to find out more about Industrial Welding and General Construction.
Ever wonder how products are shipped all over the world? Curious what it takes to join an essential industry as a class A CDL truck driver or skilled forklift operator? Take this opportunity to learn about the different programs and where these careers can take you.
Here is your chance to explore in-demand
skills to work in an office setting with the Office Assistant program
or to explore the world of technology in Google IT and CompTIA
A+. Let us help you find your path with flexible programs that offer
We are happy to answer your questions or provide more information. Since we are working remotely, we are not in the office for walk-ins. Please give us a call at 217/353-2150 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.