How to Apply

Here are the steps to get you through the application process at Parkland College quickly and easily. We’re happy to help you in any way during the process. That’s why we are here.

Please contact us at for assistance.

Explore Areas of Study

From science and tech to arts and humanities, plus everything in between, you'll find professors who know your name and the learning support you need. Check out the academic possibilities. Be a high school or university graduate by the time you begin classes and provide your high school or university transcript and certified English translation of the transcript.

Application Deadlines for Future International Students





Summer (8 week session)


 June 15

 October 15


March 15


 July 15

 November 15


April 15

Admission Requirements

If you have questions about this documentation, please email or call 217/351-2482. Here is a list of required documents you must provide for admission to Parkland College depending on your current status:

Instructions for new F1 Students

  • Apply online (click the yellow Apply button at the bottom of this page)  or complete an International Student Admissions Application; a $50 application fee applies to all applicants without a US mailing address.
  • Send all required documentation to International Admissions.
    • High school transcripts 
      Submit official high school transcripts (mark sheets, exam results, certificates). Photocopied transcripts are acceptable if they bear an original signature or certification from a school official. Transcripts must include proof of graduation or completion. If your transcripts are not originally in English, you must provide a certified English translation of your transcripts along with the copy in the original language .
    • Financial Documentation 
      Submit official bank documents showing availability of sufficient funds to pay for at least one academic year (two semesters) of study AND, if supported by a sponsor, a completed Verification of Financial Support signed by your sponsor.  The proof of financial support is required of all F1 visa applicants seeking Certificate of Visa Eligibility (Form I-20). The statements should be dated within six months of your intended start term, official, and written in English.
    • Copy of the photo ID page in your passport 
    • IELTS, TOEFL, SAT or ACT Scores  (if available)
      Submit IELTS, TOEFL, SAT or ACT scores as applicable. These scores are NOT required. If you are a non-native English speaker and do not have a TOEFL or IELTS score, you will take an ESL placement test in the Assessment Center at Parkland or at an approved site in your home country. The results of that test will determine if you are ready for academic courses, or if pre-college English as a Second Language (ESL) courses are required.  An IELTS band score of 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 61ibt/500pbt allows the student to take only the English Writing Assessment for course placement.
    • College transcripts (if applicable)
      Submit official transcripts of all post-secondary coursework. If you wish to transfer foreign college credit to Parkland College, you must use a credential evaluation service, such as SpanTran: The Evaluation Company. Send the results of that evaluation to Parkland College.

Send all documents as PDF attachments to or mail them to our office. 

Instructions for F1 Students who wish to Transfer to Parkland

In addition to the documents listed above, a transfer student must provide:

  • Official transcripts from all US colleges/universities attended
  • Copy of F1 visa, first page of current Form I-20, and most recent I-94
  • Information regarding the status of the current SEVIS record/Form I-20; if the record is in terminated status, refer to these Instructions for Reinstatement
  • Information regarding upcoming travel outside the US

Instructions for Non-F1 Visa Students

  • Apply online (click the yellow Apply button at the bottom of this page) or complete an International Student Admissions Application
  • Attach the completed application and the documents listed below to email.
  • Provide educational documents, (for degree-seeking students only), in original language and a certified English translation, showing proof of the equivalent of U.S. high school or bachelor degree completion
  • Provide TOEFL, IELTS, SAT or ACT scores (optional). If you do not have a TOEFL or IELTS score, you will take the ESL placement test in the Assessment Center at Parkland. The results of that test will determine if you are ready for academic courses, or if pre-college English as a Second Language (ESL) courses are required.
  • Provide copies of your passport ID page, visa page, I-94 document, Form I-20 for F2 dependents; DS-2019 for J2 dependents.
  • If you are in the process of applying for permanent residency ('green card'), submit a copy of your receipt notice (I-797) from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. 

After the International Admissions office receives and processes all required documents, we will send an email with your letter of admission and e-tools information to you.

Instructions for Concurrent International Students

If you are a student enrolled at another university and wish to take courses at Parkland College, please follow these instructions:


  • First time applicants to Parkland College:
    • Information regarding your student ID number, instructions to activate your e-tools, and course registration will be sent to you via email.
  • UIUC students who have previously applied to Parkland College: