The Prospectus is Parkland College’s award-winning student newspaper and has been in constant production since late 1968. Our reporters, contributors, and editors are exclusively students of Parkland College with a variety of majors and career interests, not just communication and journalism. We provide an outlet for students to further develop their writing, photography, communication, time management, and critical thinking skills while producing a quality, trusted source of news for Parkland-goers.
The Prospectus’ mission is
- To create high quality, accurate, and meaningful reporting
- Publish a variety of student voices and work to reflect the diverse community of Parkland
- Give students the opportunity to work as a team, develop their skills, and enrich their learning
How to get involved
A student can join the Prospectus staff by:
- Being awarded a 50% scholarship!
- Being hired as a student worker!
- Joining as an intern!
To find more information about joining the Prospectus visit our website.
Work with us!