Student Identification (IDs)
- A free student ID card is issued to all new Parkland students.
- ID’s can be obtained in the Office of Student Life (U111), during regular business hours Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm. If a later time is needed, please contact Student Life to schedule an appointment.
- Each student is responsible for obtaining their card. Present a photo ID (i.e., a state ID, passport, or driver's license) and proof of enrollment in classes to get your ID card.
- Your first ID card is free; each replacement card will be charged a fee (billed to your account).
Terms and Conditions of Use:
- All ID cards are the property of Parkland College and are provided for appropriate use for identification and access to services.
- ID cards are to be carried at all times while on campus.
- The ID card is valid as long as the holder continues their specific affiliation with Parkland College.
- The ID card is not transferable and any misuse, alteration or fabrication of the ID card will subject the holder to disciplinary action by the college.
- Students shall show their ID card when requested to do so by Parkland College officials performing their duties who identify themselves and state the reason for their request.
- Parkland College shall not be liable for any loss, cost, damage or expense, whether physical, financial or otherwise, suffered or incurred by individuals in connection with, or in any way relating to the use or attempted use of an ID card by the holder or any third party.
- Lost, damaged or stolen ID cards can be replaced at the Parkland College Student Life Office (U111). ID cards replaced due to malfunction or due to change of name or identification number are reissued at no charge.
Use your Parkland ID for:
- Identification requests
- Student loan, grant, or employment check pickup
- Computer lab use
- Library materials/equipment loans
- Voting in student elections/running for office
- Discounts on theater and planetarium events
- Entry to the Fitness Center and Physical Education classes when registered for those classes
- Free admission to athletic events
- Book buy-back at the Parkland Bookstore
- Cashing a $10 personal check at the Business Office (25-cent fee)
- Enjoy student discounts at various locations in the community
Contact the Student Life, U111, or 217/351-2492 for more information.