The primary purpose of the Parkland College Wellness Center is to promote total wellness in the College community for students, staff and faculty, by combining all the dimensions of wellness—physical, social, emotional, spiritual, and mental. The Wellness Center focuses on a holistic approach to wholesome living through healthy lifestyles and informed choices.
Through purposeful collaborations with wellness partners on campus and in our community, we are excited to provide resources, referrals, information, and programming with YOU IN MIND.
- Referral service to area clinics, hospitals and physicians
- Blood pressure monitoring and weight management
- Tobacco and Smoking cessation
- Immunization clinics
- Collaborates with various college departments to provide health events, programs and initiatives.
- Provides alcohol and drug education
- Coordinates blood drives
- Health & Wellness Fair
- Stress Less Week (fall and spring finals)
- Pregnancy Resource Fair
- Flu Vaccine Clinic
- Champaign-Urbana Public Health Clinic on Parkland campus (2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month) in Student Life and Wellness Center, Room U111
Parkland College Wellness Center in partnership with Champaign Urbana Public Health Department offers on campus Health services. Please call 217-352-7961 to schedule an appointment or go to 201 West Kenyon Road, Champaign IL to receive services.
- STD testing
- HIV testing
- Condom distribution
- Birth Control options
- PrEP information
- Flu vaccinations
- And more!
Parkland College Student Life and Wellness Center offers a designated lactation area on campus for mothers who need to breastfeed their infants or express milk. Please visit the Office of Student Life and Wellness U-111 check in at the front desk and a secured space will be made available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Private, lockable room
- Comfortable chair and table
- Running water for cleaning pump parts
We recommend that you bring a small cooler to store your breast milk.
Multipurpose “meditation space”
The Meditation space, located in the Office of Student Life and Wellness U111, is dedicated to those members of the Parkland College campus community who seek a quiet place to reflect, meditate or pray. This room may not be reserved and is accessible during Student Life regular business hours Monday thru Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. Please visit the Office of Student Life and Wellness U-111 check in at the front desk and a secured space will be made available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Use of the Meditation space is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please keep speaking, chanting, music, and other activities that might disturb others to a minimum.
- General eating is not permitted. Food or drinks for meditation, or prayer purpose are appropriate.
- Personal items should not be left in the space as it is available for use whenever the meditation space is open.
- Problems with this room are to be reported to the Student Life front desk.
o Requests can be made for usage of the space with a wash station for students who need to perform a ritual cleansing prior to their religious practice.
Alcohol and Drugs
Parkland College has developed a process to prevent the use of illicit drugs and abuse of alcohol by students and employees. The programs include the distribution of informational materials, educational programs, referrals and college disciplinary actions. Students with alcohol or drug-related problems are encouraged to contact the campus Wellness Center for referrals to private and community agencies.
Employees with alcohol or drug-related problems are encouraged to contact the human resource office for information and referral to the district employee assistance program.
Parkland College is committed to providing a drug free environment. The institutions also prohibit the use of tobacco products and electronic delivery devices on all parts of the campus and at college sponsored events.
•Carle Foundation Hospital
•McKinley Health Center
•Illinois Department of Public Health
•Illinois Youth Suicide Prevention Project
Smoking Cessation Help and Resources
And much more! Stop by room U112 in Student Life.