Our mission is to alleviate food insecurity in our community one student/family at a time by providing them with one week’s worth of nutritious groceries.
The Wesley Food Pantry is unique in a number of important ways.
- We are a Choice model pantry. Clients are allowed to choose the food items that best suits their families’ needs. We do not distribute prepacked grocery bags unless the clients request them.
- We strive to address the root causes of food insecurity by providing our clients with health, education, employment, and social services information and referrals.
- We promote childhood literacy by giving each child 2 books to take home. We distribute over 100 children's books every month. Additionally, we provide the children with crafts and activities.
In the fall of 2013, the Wesley Food Pantry opened a student-only location at Parkland College. In the fall of 2014, the Wesley Food Pantry at Parkland was opened to the public as a USDA commodity pantry.
Hours and Location
The Wesley Food Pantry at Parkland College, which is currently closed due to the statewide Stay-at-Home order, will resume curbside distribution April 1
The food pantry will distribute prepacked food boxes through the circle drive at the Staerkel Planetarium
and at the main campus bus stop (circle drive at the U Building) Wednesdays from 1 to 3 p.m.
There will be no food distribution on Saturdays. At this time, the pantry is unable to offer choice model shopping until further notice. Only prepackaged food bags will be available for pickup.
Volunteers are the backbone of the Wesley Food Pantry. By generously giving of your time and talent, you can nourish and strengthen our community. Every month volunteers contribute hundreds of hours serving our neighbors in need. Come experience the joy of helping others while working alongside awesome people.
• Volunteer Opportunities: Sign-up to help out
• Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Build your resume, fight hunger! At the Wesley Food Pantry, we are committed to cultivating student leaders and putting social justice into action. Enhance your career skills by gaining professional experience. We have a variety of internships opportunities, with stipends available, including:
- Fundraising Intern
- Social Media Intern
- Social Services Intern
- Operations Intern
For more information or to request an internship job description, please contact Katie Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wesley Food Pantry
1203 W. Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801
217-344-1120 (main office)