Please check back to our Upcoming Events page for ways to continue to engage with Student life throughout the entire spring semester.
Parkland Pets Virtual Contest
So you think you have the cutest pet ever? Do you love showing off your favorite animal friend? If so, enter them in the Parkland Pets Contest and win ultimate bragging rights for the Cutest Pet and you could win a Pet Friendly Prize!
All submissions are due by January 25th at 8:00am
Email individual pictures of your pet to STULIFE@PARKLAND.EDU
- Your Name
- Your Pet’s Name
- Category choosing to enter (you are welcome to enter in multiple categories, but can only win one)
- Please note that the Best Trick category is a video submission
Parkland Pets Contest Rules
1. Parkland College employees, and students may enter the contest. Anyone can vote.
2. Humans cannot be in any photographs submitted.
3. Multiple pets can be in one photograph.
4. The pet has to be your pet or a family member's pet.
5. Late entries or votes will not be accepted.
6. People with pets who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge may submit a photo to the contest. The photo will be voted on just like all other entries, and will be considered equally for the contest prizes.
7. Parkland College retains the non-exclusive right to use any photo submitted for promotional purposes.
8. By submitting your entry(s) into the Virtual Pet Contest, you agree to allow the background alterations or other manipulations, whether through Photoshop or other image manipulating software, for final production and inclusion of your pet. Whereby the participant acknowledges their submission is voluntary and winner will not receive financial compensation.
Voting for your favorite pet starts on January 26th through February 2nd.
Leadership Academy Presentations
February-May, 1st Thursday of the month from 2-3pm access session at
2/4: True Colors
3/4: How Did we Get Here?
4/1: Balance for Busy Students
5/6: Branding Yourself
True Colors: Understanding Yourself & Others
Presenter: Megan Scanlan. McHenry County College,Coordinator of Student Activities
Did you know that your personality will influence your relationships
with your family, friends, classmates, and co-workers and contribute to
your health and wellbeing?
Join us as we learn about the different personality types and assess
our own True Color! Participants will be able to describe their
personality style, articulate the difference between the personality
colors, and explain the value of having teams comprised of multiple personalities.
How did we Get Here? And How do We Move Forward?: Race and Social Justice on American Campuses
Presenter: Tandra Taylor. Southern Il Univ. Edwardsville,Professor; Department of Historical Studies
In the wake of today’s increased activism, awareness of the need for
more inclusive environments & systemic structures of oppression, we
want to know How did we Get Here? And How do We Move Forward? The times
demand well informed students. Join a discussion of important social
justice developments to build your capacity so that you can comfortably
engage racial justice and decolonization, confident in your knowing
and competent in your engagement, and ready to forge ahead through these challenging times.
Balance for Busy Students
Presenter: Jessica Contreras, Joliet Junior College, Student Wellness Advocate & Mental Health Counselor
As we grow as student leaders on campus and for our career paths, we
also need to consider personal balance as we juggle life, work, school,
family, and the things we enjoy the most. Please join us for this
interactive program to develop your own personal philosophy on wellness,
learn about things you can do to create balance in your life, and share
your ideas with others so we can learn together.
Branding Yourself & Building Your Resume
Presenter: Demetrius Robinson. McHenry County College, Coordinator of Career Services
Do you know what to say to blow someone away? Get noticed for the
right reasons! Come learn about how to sell yourself right and how to
build a resume that stands out from the rest.
Recognition and Scholarships
Students who attend all 4
ICCSAA workshops will receive a certificate of completion and will have
the opportunity to apply for a $250 scholarship. For more information
and scholarship application:
Please complete application and return to Student Life in U-111 or via email at email@example.com.
Student Life Calendar