Student Government Elections
Involvement in Student Government is a great way to develop your leadership skills, influence campus decisions, and get involved in your campus community.
The Parkland College Student Government elections are held each semester for open positions.
The student body will be able to vote for the executive office and the candidates running to represent the student body on February 8th-12th, 2021 through an online election process. Information to vote will be available beginning February 1st, 2021.
Feel free to contact Evie Newman, SGA Advisor at email@example.com for any questions.
Job descriptions of each position, applications, and election information are available here as attachments provided or you may contact Evie Newman, Coordinator of Student Life & SGA Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application and Job Descriptions for Student Government Association
The Parkland College Student Government Association (SGA) provides unique opportunities for students to build relationships, enhance leadership skills, become civically engaged, and maximize their college experiences.
Staff members in the Office of Student Life, who are deeply committed to the development of the students, advise student Government.
Who is Eligible to run for Student Government?
• Students enrolled in at least six credit hours this semester.
• Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at the time of their nomination and maintain this standing.
Student Government Duties:
All Student Government members upon winning their seat in Student Government Elections will be expected, regardless of position, to:
• Attend all weekly SGA meetings on Thursdays at 2:00 virtually through Microsoft Teams.
• Attend any special SGA meetings as called by the SGA President.
• Serve on campus committees as appointed by the SGA President.
• Attend Spring Leadership trainings.
• Should be professional, responsible, reliable, articulate, and able to reach out to students to bring a student perspective where is needed.
Application for Student Government Association
Any questions can be directed to Evie Newman, SGA Advisor at email@example.com or the Office of Student Life at U-111.