Student Government Elections
The Parkland College Student Government Association (SGA) provides unique opportunities for students to build relationships, enhance leadership skills, become civically engaged, and maximize their college experiences.
Staff members in the Office of Student Life, who are deeply committed to the development of the students, advise student Government.
Who is Eligible to run for Student Government?
• Students enrolled in at least six credit hours this semester.
• Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at the time of their nomination and maintain this standing.
Student Government Duties:
All Student Government members upon winning their seat in Student Government Elections will be expected, regardless of position, to:
• Attend all weekly SGA meetings on Thursdays at 2:00 in Student Life U-111 in the Student Government office.
• Attend any special SGA meetings as called by the SGA President.
• Serve on campus committees as appointed by the SGA President.
• Attend Spring Leadership trainings.
• Should be professional, responsible, reliable, articulate, and able to reach out to students to bring a student perspective where is needed.
Election 2021 Timeline
|Tuesday, September 7th
||Last day to file petitions/applications for 2021-2022 election. Biographies and head shots due by 5:00pm to Student Life firstname.lastname@example.org
|Wednesday, September 8th
||Candidate biographies posted to the Prospectus newspaper, Student Life webpage, and through student email.
|Monday-Friday, September 13th-17th
||ELECTIONS-In person voting Student Union
|Monday & Tuesday
|Friday, September 17th 5:00pm
||Election process is completed and 2021-2022 Student Government slate of representatives announced
Any questions can be directed to Evie Newman, SGA Advisor at email@example.com or the Office of Student Life at U-111.