The Gallery hosts two annual juried art and graphic design student exhibits.The juried exhibits highlight work completed by students in the current academic year. Parkland Art faculty jury the shows and select the most imaginative, inspiring, distinctive, innovative, unusual and memorable pieces for display in the gallery. Local industry professionals are invited to judge the show and select the awards. The College may purchase selected pieces to become part of Parkland's permanent art collection for display on campus.
Art and Design Student Exhibition
- Thursday, April 12, 2018–Saturday, May 5, 2018
- Reception: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 5:30-7:30 p.m. with awards ceremony at 6:30 pm and a musical performance by the Parkland Guitar Ensemble
- In participation of the Boneyard Festival, which holds events from April 12 through April 15, The Giertz Gallery will have extended hours on Saturday, April 7, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- The Art and Design Open House will be held on Thursday, April 26 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and will include art demonstrations, studio classroom visits, and tours of the Art and Design Student Juried Exhibition
Only artwork completed during ART classes or as assigned course work at Parkland College is eligible. Original artwork in all media taught in the Art and Design program at Parkland College is eligible. All work must be of the artist’s own design and execution. Work must have been completed during the academic calendar year that includes the Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018 semesters only.
Graphic Design: Parkland College Student Juried Show
- Monday, May 14 - Thursday, May 31, 2018
- Reception: Wednesday, May 16, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.; awards ceremony at 6:30 p.m.
- Closed Monday, May 28 for Memorial Day