The Parkland College Assessment Center is located in Room U203. We are open from 8am to 5pm Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, we close at 3pm for valuable staff training. We open at 8am and begin testing at 9am, make sure you have a valid photo ID in order to test. Listed below are some facts and information as it pertains to a wide variety of testing.
- Placement Testing for the months of April - July will be by appointment only.
(Beginning in August, Placement Testing will be done on a walk in basis only)
- Do you need to Assess in Reading, English, and/or Mathematics?
- Standardized test scores, ACT and the NEW SAT, can be used for placement into Reading, English, and Math as long as they have been submitted to the Admissions Office.
- If you scored a 20 or higher on the ACT Reading Section or 480 on the NEW SAT *EBRW and your score is less than 3 years old, you do not need to take the Reading Placement test. If you need to take the test, please click here.
If you scored a 20 or higher on the ACT English Section or 480 on the NEW SAT *EBRW and your score is less than 3 years old, you do not need to take the English Placement test. If you need to take the test, please click here.
- If your ACT or NEW SAT Math score is less than 2 years old, you may not need to take the ALEKS math placement test. For more information on your placement or if you want to improve your placement by taking the ALEKS math test, please click here.
*Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Score
- If you need to take an assessment test(s), then
- Schedule an appointment at the Parkland College Assessment Center, click here.
- Be sure to bring a valid photo ID
- To schedule a placement test off-campus send the following information to the Assessment Center email address: email@example.com
- Your Name and Parkland ID#
- The name of an approved testing institution (testing institutions not approved by NCTA can be approved by the Director of the Parkland College Assessment Center).
- The name and email address of the proctor.
- Off-campus placement testing requests could take up to 48 hours to process.
- If it is a re-assessment, please indicate which test you would like to take.
- Appropriate testing information will be sent to you and the proctor identified in your email.
- If you do not need to assess, your next step in the registration process is to sign up for orientation;
- IF, you are seeking a degree or certificate and have less than 15 hours of credit
- IF, You have all of your scores turned into Admissions and Records
- IF, you need to sign up for orientation, please click on the the link; SOAR Online Registration
Accurate placement is essential for success in your college courses. Sometimes your ACT, SAT, or TOEFL scores can exempt you from placement testing in reading, writing, mathematics, English as a Second Language.