The Assessment Center administers a wide variety of exams for Parkland students and members of the community.
- Spring & Fall Semester:
Monday and Thursday – 8 am to 7 pm
Tuesday, and Friday – 8 am to 5 pm
Wednesday - 9 am to 5 pm
- No Testing wil be conducted on October 25, November 1, December 19 & December 20
- New students: You must take placement tests in reading, writing, mathematics, or English as a Second Language so that we can match you with courses that are appropriate for your skill levels. Accurate placement is essential for success in your college courses. Sometimes your ACT, SAT, or TOEFL scores can exempt you from placement testing.
- We also administer certification exams, board exams, and standardized tests such as the GED and CLEP exams.
- Online learners can request proctoring for their paper and computer-based exams.
- Anyone in the community is welcome to meet with a Career Center counselor and, upon their recommendation, complete an online interest inventory and/or personality assessment.
Appointments are required for all assessments, and a valid photo ID must be presented to test. For more information or appointments, call 217/351-2432.