Multipurpose Meditation Space
The meditation space, located in the Office of Student Life and Wellness (U111), is dedicated to those members of the Parkland College campus community who seek a quiet place to reflect, meditate or pray. This room may not be reserved and is accessible during Student Life regular business hours Monday and Thursday from 8 am to 6 pm and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Please visit the Office of Student Life and Wellness in Room U111 and check in at the front desk; a secured space will be made available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Use of the meditation space is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please keep speaking, chanting, music, and other activities that might disturb others to a minimum.
- General eating is not permitted. Food or drinks for meditation, or prayer purpose are appropriate.
- Personal items should not be left in the space as it is available for use whenever the meditation space is open.
- Problems with this room are to be reported to the Student Life front desk.
- Requests can be made for usage of the space with a wash station for students who need to perform a ritual cleansing prior to their religious practice.
Parkland College recognizes and values the diverse religious beliefs of its constituents and practices shared responsibility in the event a religious observance conflicts with scheduled class work or assignments. Students who inform instructors well in advance of an intended absence for a religious observance will not be penalized. The instructor will make reasonable accommodations for students in these situations; these may include altering dates of examinations and assignments, permitting a student to attend another section of the same course for a class period, or similar remedies. Instructors are not responsible for teaching material again. Instructors should inform students of these expectations at the beginning of the semester so that arrangements can be made accordingly. Grievances pertaining to the Religious Observances policy shall be handled according to Policy 8.15 Student Grievances. Parkland College Policies and Procedures 5.03.1
The question of how people orient around religion differently, or interact with one another, whether that be based on conflict or cooperation, will be one of the most engaging questions of the 21st century. ~Eboo Patel
- Catholics @ Parkland Catholics @ Parkland organization was created to offer students opportunities to share, pray and learn more about the Catholic faith. The club works closely with the St. John Catholic Newman Center to provide Catholic ministries to the students at Parkland College. Meetings are every Wednesday from noon–2:00 pm, Gallery.
- Parkland CRU Interested in Bible-guided study and worship, fellowship, and spiritual growth? This group might be for you. You’ll also develop contacts with other chapters nationwide. CRU is open to all students interested in supporting these goals.
Meetings: Email: Parkland CRU
- Parkland Christian Fellowship
Meetings: Email: PCF