Any vehicle on campus is subject to state and local ordinances, codes, and laws. Violations may results in ticketing and fines. The college assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to private property. Any accidents should be reported by calling 217/351-2369.
Bicycles must be parked in the bicycle racks located by the U-wing bus stop, B1-B6 sidewalk, C2 door entrance, and C4 parking lot. Be sure to securely lock your bicycle and other personal possessions.
Motor Vehicle Parking
Finding a legal parking space is the responsibility of the motor vehicle operator. Lack of space is not considered a valid excuse for violation of the following regulations:
- All vehicles must park in spaces marked by white lines. Your vehicle must fit BETWEEN the white lines—one space per vehicle.
- Parking is not permitted at crosswalks, on perimeter roads, adjacent to curbs, the north athletic fields, grass or tree plots, construction areas, sidewalks, or any place which may cause/create a safety hazard or interfere with the use of college facilities.
- Parking or standing is prohibited on all campus roads at all times.
- Only Parkland College vehicles may be parked in the spaces marked "NO PARKING, COLLEGE VEHICLES ONLY."
- Only persons with a physical disability requiring close access to the building and with a state-issued parking permit may park in the spaces marked "HANDICAPPED PARKING." Motorcycles are NOT permitted to park in the striped areas around the Handicapped Parking.
- Any motor vehicle parked in violation of college traffic regulations or abandoned on campus is subject to ticketing and/or removal and impounding at the expense of the owner or operator.
Persons receiving parking citations may appeal issuance by filing a written notice within 48 hours of the date of the citation. Appeal forms can be completed online or picked up at Public Safety in room A160.
Fines should be paid in person or by mail to Parkland College in the Business Office, room A108.
Any individual who has been issued and has not paid three or more traffic or parking violations is subject to loss of campus motor vehicle privileges and towing at the expense of the owner or operator of the vehicle.
Failure to pay a fine may result in the withholding of grades, transcripts, and other student records, and registration for subsequent terms may be denied.
Vehicles are subject to being towed under the following circumstances:
- Vehicles parked on sidewalks.
- Vehicles parked in “Handicapped Parking” spaces without valid handicapped license or placard displayed.
- Vehicles which have accumulated three or more unpaid parking citations.
- Any vehicle found to be abandoned.
- Vehicles found in parked spaces designated “College Vehicles Only” or in other specifically reserved spaces.
- Vehicles parked in such a way as to impede the normal traffic flow, both vehicular and pedestrian.