Retest options are available if you believe your test results do not
match your skill level. However, it is important to do your best the
first time. It can save you time, money, and extra trips to Parkland.
- Arrive rested. If possible, schedule your tests on a day and at a time when you will not be tired, stressed, or rushed. (At least, not any more than usual.) Eat breakfast or lunch before your test. Include protein-rich foods like
eggs, nuts, yogurt, cottage cheese, and fruit to provide energy. Try to
eat a healthy, balanced diet leading up to your test date.
- Arrive ten minutes early. Give yourself time to find us, gather your thoughts, and focus on the task ahead.
- Remember to bring a photo ID. No ID, no test! No exceptions!
- Listen to the instructions the staff give. They will explain exactly what you need to do and what you can expect during testing.
- If you have questions about procedures or test directions, ask. We will be there to answer your questions during the entire testing session.
- Read each question carefully. Make sure you understand what you are being asked. The placement tests are untimed, so you may work at your own pace. Other tests do have a time limit, however, and there is a clock on the wall that you can check.