You may apply to take courses at Parkland College if you are:
- at least 15 years old
- attend an area high school or are home-schooled
- have met the prerequisites
- have met the assessment requirements
Students seeking 'dual credit' must:
- be a current high school student
- have approval from your home high school
- be in good standing
Note: The type and amount of credit given by the high school toward high school graduation requirements is entirely in the purview of the high school.
Students admitted under the Dual Credit/Enrollment admission policy:
- do not qualify for financial aid
- are considered course enrollees (non-degree seeking)
- waive the right to privacy and grant Parkland College officials permission to share the student's performance information with his/her parents, legal guardians, and/or high school liaisons
- Performance in dual credit/dual enrollment courses may have short-term and long-term implications on future financial aid eligibility.
- Credit and grades earned are recorded permanently on the student's Parkland College transcript. Credits earned will count toward degree requirements (where applicable), and grades earned will be counted in the GPA in accordance with the Parkland College policies.