London, Liverpool, and so much more! This is your Ticket to Ride.
Tour hosted by Amy Penne and Lisa Costello.
Another great tour specially designed and operated for Parkland College by Club Europa.
Day 1: Friday, March 15
We depart by private motor coach from Parkland College for O’Hare International Airport at noon for overnight transatlantic flight from Chicago to London (in-flight meals). Flight UA928 departs Chicago O’Hare at 5:50 p.m.
Day 2: Saturday, March 16 — LONDON
We arrive at London Heathrow Airport at 6:55 a.m. A Club Europa representative will meet our flight and escort us by private motor coach on an orientation drive of London before check-in at our hotel. Get a feel for the city as major sights include St. Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, Kensington Palace, Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, Royal Albert Hall, the financial district, and more. Enjoy free time to rest and refresh before we “Come Together” for a special welcome dinner (included) at a local pub.Day 3: Sunday, March 17 — LONDON
A full buffet breakfast at our hotel will begin this and every day of our tour. We depart this morning for a Beatles walking tour with Richard Porter, Part I: “Magical Mystery Tour.” Richard Porter is the founder of the London Beatles Fan Club, author of the Guide to the Beatles London and holder of the ‘Beatles Brain of Britain’ title. Enjoy lunch on your own before Part II: “In My Life.” Dinner is on your own this evening.Day 4: Monday, March 18 — LONDON > LIVERPOOL
“Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da, life goes on”… to Liverpool. After breakfast, we’ll travel by private motor coach, stopping in Stratfordupon- Avon. A local guide will take us to Shakespeare’s birthplace, Hall’s Croft, and Nash’s House (Shakespeare’s retirement place), entrance fees included. Lunch in Stratford is on your own. Check-in and free time in our Liverpool hotel before dinner (included).Day 5: Tuesday, March 19 — LIVERPOOL
See where it all began with a sightseeing tour of all things Beatles, including the Beatles Shop on Mathew Street and The Beatles’ Story, a museum dedicated to the Fab Four at Albert Dock. Enjoy lunch and dinner on your own.Day 6: Wednesday, March 20 — LIVERPOOL > LONDON
“Let it be” – after breakfast, we leave Liverpool behind as we travel back to London with a stop and guided tour of Oxford. Explore the vibrant city and university, parks, and gardens. Lunch in Oxford will be on your own before we return to London. Dinner is also on your own in London.Day 7: Thursday, March 21 — LONDON
Explore London on your own today with sightseeing and shopping at your leisure. If you need suggestions, don’t worry. London is a wonderful city for walking and the “Tube” is easy to use to get from one part of London to another. Regroup for dinner (included).Day 8: Friday, March 22 — LONDON
Enjoy another day on your own. We suggest you visit Abbey Road Studio. Built as a family home in 1830, the Beatles first recorded there in 1962, a four track demo, with battered equipment and instruments. The facilities are now considered among the best in the world. Lunch and dinner are on your own today.
Day 9: Saturday, March 23 — LONDON
After breakfast at the hotel, make the most of your final day in London before we “Get Back” and gather for a farewell group dinner at original Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman’s restaurant, Sticky Fingers.
Day 10: Sunday, March 24 — LONDON > CHAMPAIGN
An early departure from our London hotel (light breakfast provided) takes us to our 10:05 a.m. flight (US929) to Chicago. We arrive in Chicago at 2:10 p.m., and should pull into Parkland College by approximately 6 p.m. Welcome home!
$3,199— Price per person based on double (shared) hotel room occupancy • Single supplement— $680
Please note: We will attempt to pair single travelers; if not possible, the single supplement must be paid.
DEADLINES - Click for Booking FormLate enrollments may be accepted on a space-available basis.
- November 16, 2012— First payment of $1000 due.
- January 31, 2013— Balance due
TOUR PRICE INCLUDESPlease note: We cannot reimburse you for included meals or activities in which you do not participate.
- Eight overnights in superior tourist-class hotels; all rooms with private facilities. Documentation on hotels (name, location, websites, etc.) will be provided prior to final reservations.
- Airfare: Chicago > London > Chicago (including taxes and fuel charges as of June 2012).
- All breakfasts and four dinners.
- Land transportation in London/Liverpool by private, air conditioned motor coach of deluxe standard for sightseeing, excursions, and airport transfers as noted in itinerary.
- Entrance fees as noted in itinerary.
- All local taxes, service charges, and basic gratuities to local guides and coach drivers.
- Roundtrip transport by private motor coach between Parkland College and Chicago O’Hare.
- Accident and medical insurance coverage during stay in London (provider: Travelex).
TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Meals other than those noted in itinerary.
- Personal expenses including drinks with included meals, unless otherwise specified.
- Luggage handling at hotels.
- U.S. citizens visiting Great Britain do not need visas. However, you need a valid passport! Please verify your passport status and renew/order, as needed.
- Our tours involve considerable walking. To enjoy this tour to the fullest, you should be in good physical condition.
- We will be in touch with registered travelers via future mailings and/or emails regarding final payment, roommate assignments, and a pre-trip orientation gathering.
FLIGHT ITINERARY (Flight times may change slightly)
- March 15: United Airlines flight 928 departs Chicago O’Hare (ORD) at 5:50 p.m.
- March 16: Arrive at London Heathrow Airport (LHR) at 6:55 a.m.
- March 24: United Airlines flight 929 departs London Heathrow (LHR) at 10:05 a.m. and arrives Chicago O’Hare (ORD) at 2:10 p.m.