- Interest in working in the construction trades
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Successfully pass a drug test
- Valid driver's license
- Attend a one-hour scheduled orientation session
- Math test with a score at or higher than 7th grade level
- Reading test with a score at or higher than 7th grade level
- Successfully pass a random drug test throughout the program
There is NO cost to the students accepted into the program. The Highway Construction Careers Training Program (HCCTP) is fully funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT).
Students in the HCCTP receive a $10 per hour stipend. Weekly check is determined based on time and class work completed. Students must be on-time and ready to learn to receive payment and remain in the program.