Center Hours for Fall and Spring Semesters
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: 8am - 3pm
College Closed - No Placement Testing December 22, 2016 through January 2, 2017
We're located in room U203 (click for directions
). Park in the B parking lot just off the Bradley Avenue entrance.
The Assessment Center administers a wide variety of exams for Parkland students and community members.
- Appointments are required for all assessments and proctor services
(In the months of January and August, walk-in assessment testing is allowed).
- A valid photo ID must also be presented to test, no photo ID = no test.
- To schedule a placement test off-campus send the following information to the Assessment Center email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Name and Parkland ID#
- The name of the approved testing institution
- The name and email address of the proctor
- Off-campus placement testing requests could take up to 48 hours to process.
- If it is a re-assessment, please indicate which test you would like to take.
- Appropriate testing information will be sent to you and the proctor identified in your email.
New students: You must take placement tests in reading, writing, mathematics, or English as a Second Language so that we can match you with courses that are appropriate for your skill level. Accurate placement is essential for success in your college courses. Sometimes your ACT, SAT, or TOEFL scores can exempt you from placement testing in reading, writing, or English as a Second Language. New students might also be required to assess their non-cognitive skills as part of their orientation. New students will be able to do this in the Assessment Center before taking their placement tests.
- We also administer certification exams through Pearson Vue, Castle Worldwide, NTN, and PSI. See their websites for details and registration.
- Board exams, and standardized tests such as the GED and CLEP exams are also given in the Assessment center.
- Online learners can request proctoring for their paper and computer-based exams.