The Dragon Trip Japan Tour
Tentatively Scheduled for Summer 2021
Experience the ultramodern metropolis of Tokyo, the ancient charm of Kyoto, the unsettling reminder of the nuclear age in Hiroshima, and Osaka, the “kitchen of Japan.”
What You'll Study
The required class is Humanities Field Experience (HUM 124) on Japanese culture. HUM 124 is a 3-credit hour elective that counts toward earning the Global Studies Emphasis Designation. We will study various aspects of Japanese culture and experience the culture first hand during the trip. The course will introduce a few basic expressions in Japanese, but no previous knowledge of Japanese is required.
Visiting various places and events in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, and Osaka. A few examples include Shibuya Crossing, Mt. Fuji, the Golden Pavilion, and the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park & Museum.
We will be staying in hostels most nights. We will also have a night in a traditional Japanese inn called a ryokan and a night in a capsule hotel.
- 7-day JR Pass for riding the bullet train (shinkansen)
- Public transportation card for local trains
- Welcome guide in Tokyo and Kyoto
- Japanese calligraphy workshop and a Zen meditation workshop.
Not included: round-trip airfare, 3-credit hours of tuition, activity fees, meals, passport fee, travel insurance
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 217/353-2159 for estimated program cost.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Completed at least 12 hours of college-level coursework
- Completed English Composition or its equivalent with a B or better
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better
For More Information:
Contact Jody Littleton at 217/351-2532 or email email@example.com.