Instruction will include both online and on-campus options. For more information go to Modes of Instructions guide.
Remote Learning IT Supports
Make sure you’re ready for ALL classes—online, hybrid, and in-person!
Students! Do you know exactly what you need for success in your online
and hybrid class environments at Parkland College? Coby does! Here’s the
BEFORE your classes begin, make sure you:
- Create your new ParklandOne password here, especially if you’ve been
away for more than two years.
- Explore the Cobra Connection here: Discover the ins and outs of using
the Cobra Learning classroom environment and its student support widgets
for peer tutoring, writing lab, presentation center, and success
coaching in this orientation.
- Have the Right Equipment ready (or borrow it!). Requirements:
- A computer or laptop that has Windows 10, 128+ GB of storage space, 8+
GB of RAM, Microsoft Office 2019, and an updated internet browser
installed on it. You won’t be able to use your cell phone, tablet, or
Chromebook for class!
- Access to WiFi with a high connection speed
- A webcam, microphone, and speakers (or a USB/Bluetooth headset with a
- A charged cell phone to complete two-step verification into email,
- Learn more specifics on equipment requirements here.
- No computer? Don’t worry! You can get FREE help:
- Check out an approved laptop for the entire semester here.
- Use Parkland WiFi all around campus.
- Get your Office 365 license here.
- Update your browser here.
DURING your classes, you can get:
- On-demand help with navigating Cobra Learning! Just look for the
pop-up chat box.
- Technology questions answered! Here are some great resources for
accessing the main tech systems such as My.Parkland, Cobra Learning,
email, and My.Parkland: