Instruction will include both online and on-campus options, with
on-campus courses delivered as hybrid courses. While course sections
will run as currently scheduled, students with campus-based courses will
attend some meetings on the campus and complete some coursework online.
If a course is listed as on-campus, there will be an on-campus
component at the time scheduled.
Parkland College is offering several different modes of instruction to
better accommodate students this fall. Expect to see these notations
when registering for some class sections:
- Hybrid sections (H) will have some meeting time on campus, and some
- Flexible sections (F) will allow students to choose their preferred
method of instruction.
- Online sections (W) will be totally online with faculty interaction.
- Online synchronous sections (V) will be fully online, but with
synchronous real-time lectures and interaction with faculty.
Please note that due to social distancing requirements enacted by the
State of Illinois and/or federal agencies, on-campus instruction is
subject to change. All classes will transition to fully online if
necessary. If this happens, students will need at minimum a computer,
webcam, and reliable internet access.
Remote Learning IT Supports
Make sure you’re ready for ALL classes—online, hybrid, and in-person!
Students! Do you know exactly what you need for success in your online
and hybrid class environments at Parkland College? Coby does! Here’s the
BEFORE your classes begin, make sure you:
- Create your new ParklandOne password here, especially if you’ve been
away for more than two years.
- Explore the Cobra Connection here: Discover the ins and outs of using
the Cobra Learning classroom environment and its student support widgets
for peer tutoring, writing lab, presentation center, and success
coaching in this orientation.
- Have the Right Equipment ready (or borrow it!). Requirements:
- A computer or laptop that has Windows 10, 128+ GB of storage space, 8+
GB of RAM, Microsoft Office 2019, and an updated internet browser
installed on it. You won’t be able to use your cell phone, tablet, or
Chromebook for class!
- Access to WiFi with a high connection speed
- A webcam, microphone, and speakers (or a USB/Bluetooth headset with a
- A charged cell phone to complete two-step verification into email,
- Learn more specifics on equipment requirements here.
- No computer? Don’t worry! You can get FREE help:
- Check out an approved laptop for the entire semester here.
- Use Parkland WiFi all around campus.
- Get your Office 365 license here.
- Update your browser here.
DURING your classes, you can get:
- On-demand help with navigating Cobra Learning! Just look for the
pop-up chat box.
- Technology questions answered! Here are some great resources for
accessing the main tech systems such as My.Parkland, Cobra Learning,
email, and My.Parkland: