You do not need a reservation if you are attending one of our Friday/Saturday evening public programs - all tickets are sold at the door. If you are coming to a public show with a group of 20 or more, please call our office at 217/351-2568 to inquire about group rates and our policy for larger groups. The following is for groups on field trips who visit through the week:
Reserve seating as early as possible to get the times and shows you prefer (at least a month in advance; times in April and May fill up quickly!). You also may wish to check for bus availability before scheduling your program.
To schedule a show, give us a call at
217/351-2568 or click to use our callback request form.
Prior to your call
Browse the group show listings and have the following information ready before you call (sorry, there are no online reservations):
- Preferred date(s)
- Show title(s)
- Show time(s) (second show is half price if seen back-to-back)
- Number attending (Note: 128 seating capacity)
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Mailing address
- Special arrangements (wheelchairs, accommodations for hearing disabled, etc.)
Please let us know if your group plans to eat lunch in our lobby or on our grounds outside the planetarium. Accommodations elsewhere within the college for large groups may be available but please let us know when scheduling your show.
- For Schools only:
Grade level of your students
Number of adults (teachers, drivers, assistants)
Call to schedule your visit
- Call 217/351-2568 Monday through Friday to schedule a visit.
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance
- A confirmation letter will be sent to you. Electronic is preferred but we can send by regular mail as well.
- Please review the letter and contact us with any changes.
- Payment is due at the time of the show.
- Payment may be made via cash, check (payable to "Parkland College") and credit cards.
- If you have a purchase order and will need to be invoiced AFTER your visit, please let our office know when you call to make your field trip reservation.
- We are unable to give refunds, so if you bring a check for more attendees than are in your party, we can only give show passes to make up the difference.
- Planetarium programs begin on the hour, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes in advance of your scheduled show time. A late arrival may mean that your program will be shortened, in fairness to groups that have shows scheduled after your program.
- We will gladly reschedule for any "snow" days or other emergencies.
- No food, drink, balloons, mobile phones, or other electronic devices are allowed under the planetarium dome.
- Our gift counter is open at our ticket counter with gift items ranging from 25 cents to $15. Supplies are limited. Your confirmation email will include information on making purchases from the gift counter and also a gift counter list which can be duplicated and given to students to they can make their selections in advance if they wish. Please let our staff know upon your arrival that you wish to make purchases as we only open the gift counter upon request.