Study in China
Fall semester program availble.
Spend a semester abroad in Xi'an (pronounced "shee-on"), China, one of the country's four great ancient capitals, and experience the rich culture and history that China has to offer while you earn college credit.
What You'll Study
- Required classes:
History of Chinese Culture and Society
Chinese Literature and Art
- Two of the following classes:
Introduction to General Linguistics
Methods of Teaching ESL
Additional courses may be offered; check with the study abroad coordinator.
You’ll visit seven historical and culturally significant sites in and around Xi'an, such as the Terra Cotta Warriors and the Big Goose Pagoda. Students will also play an important role in sharing their American culture with Chinese students.
- Tuition for 12-13 credits, international airfare, in-country travel, cultural excursions, shared lodging, and travel insurance are included with the program.
- Please contact email@example.com or 217-351-2532 for estimate program cost.
- Have a valid passport
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be in good standing with Parkland College
- Demonstrate college-level reading, writing, and math skills
- Be prepared and motivated for a cross-cultural experience
- Provide proof of insurance
Jody Littleton, 217/351-2532 or firstname.lastname@example.org