Non-F1 Visa-Holders

Computing in RL
Home  :  International  :  Non-F1 Visa-Holders  
Prospective students who wish to apply for F-1 status should submit the following documents to International Student Services. Call: 217/351-2890, email us or come to room U233.

1.   International Student Application
Send the completed, signed, original application to Parkland College via mail courier.
2.Educational documents showing proof of the equivalent of U.S. high school completion (for degree-seeking students only).
Copies of transcripts in original language with certified English translations, and copies of external exam certificates of ALL institutions attended (high school/secondary and post-secondary).
Official transcripts from a US institution must be sent to Parkland directly from the school.  Hand-carried documents will not be accepted.

3.   An official TOEFL score (optional)
The minimum TOEFL score needed to take academic course work is 500 (paper-based)/61 (internet-based).  Scores must be no more than two years old at the time of application.  If you do not have a TOEFL score, you will need to take an ESL placement test upon your arrival to Parkland.  The results of that test will determine if you are ready for academic courses, or if you will need to enroll in the English as a Second Language (ESL) program.

4.    A copy of your passport identification page

5.    Copies of your visa page, I-94 document, I-20 for F-2 dependents, DS-2019 for J-2 dependents.
The I-94 may be obtained at
6.    If you are in the process of applying for permanent residency ('green card'), submit a copy of your receipt notice (I-797) from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Once International Student Services at Parkland receives all required documents, we will send an admission letter to you.

© Parkland College
2400 West Bradley Ave | Champaign, IL 61821 | 217.351.2200 | 888.467.6065
The Mission of Parkland College is to engage the community in learning.