F-1 Concurrent Enrollment (not Uof I)

Computing in RL
Home  :  International  :  F-1 Concurrent Enrollment (not Uof I)  
F-1 students, from U.S. schools who wish to enroll in coursework at Parkland (but not transfer their I-20 to Parkland or earn a degree/certificate from Parkland) should submit the following documents to International Student Services. Note: This checklist is NOT for F-1 students who attend the University of Illinois and want concurrent enrollment—there is a different list for the University of Illinois concurrent enrollment students. Call 217/351-2890, email us or come to room U233.

Send the completed, signed, original application to Parkland College.

2.  An official transcript from the school you are currently attending (sent directly to Parkland from the school)

3.  An official TOEFL score (optional)
The minimum TOEFL score needed to take academic course work is 500 (paper-based)/61 (internet-based).  Scores must be no more than two years old at the time of application.  If you do not have a TOEFL score, you will need to take an ESL placement test upon your arrival to Parkland.  The results of that test will determine if you are ready for academic courses, or if you will need to enroll in the English as a Second Language (ESL) program.

English proficiency may also be demonstrated by successful completion of English composition courses in the U.S. or a satisfactory score on the language section of the ACT or SAT I exam.  Please contact our office for details.

4.  Copy of your I-20, pages 1 and 3
Once the International Student Services office receives all appropriate documents, we will email the admission letter and course registration information to you.

© Parkland College
2400 West Bradley Ave | Champaign, IL 61821 | 217.351.2200 | 888.467.6065
The Mission of Parkland College is to engage the community in learning.