Get your Sterile Material Management Certification to:
- Improve patient care
- Gain practical skills you can use on the job
- Expand employment opportunities
- Build your supervisory skills
- Stay current with industry standards
How to get certified:
You already have a head start if you are employed in a Central Sterilization or Sterile Processing department. To be eligible to take the certification exam you only need to:
- Successfully complete Parkland’s Sterile Processing Technical Theory (SPT 110) course and
- Submit a Work Experience Affidavit that certifies hours and competence gained working in a Central Sterilization or Sterile Processing department. The affidavit must be completed and signed by your supervisor*.
Completing our technical theory course (SPT 110) will ensure you have all of the didactic information that is covered on the national certification exam. Much of the course work is conveniently online.
* The employer assumes responsibility of completing and verifying requirements in section five of the CRCST application.