You’ll find the Institute of Aviation located at Champaign’s Willard Airport—about 8 miles from Parkland College’s main campus. The airport is a class C airspace with radar approach control, and our facility houses classrooms, student offices, various flight simulators, and air fleet.
- 12 single-engine Piper Archers (6 with 500 TXI Garmin Glass coming 2019-2020)
- 4 Piper Arrows
- 2 multi-engine Piper Seminoles
- 2 Cessna 152s
An integral component of the training experience, our flight simulators replicate the internal and external conditions you’ll experience in the air, including normal, abnormal, and emergency procedures.
- Frasca Warrior with 180-degree visual & control loading
- Frasca Archer AATD with Garmin G500 PFD with Garmin GTN 750 MFD
- Frasca Mentor with forward visual & Avidyne glass cockpit display
- Frasca 141 trainers (2)
- Frasca 142 multiengine trainer
- Frasca 242T multiengine turboprop with control loading