The Art and Design program is located in two areas on Parkland's campus. Three spacious, fully equipped Two-Dimensional studios, a Macintosh lab, and the Three-Dimensional studio classes are located in the art wing located in the West C wing. Our Photography studios (dark room, Macintosh lab, and studio photography lab) are located in the lower level of the D-wing. Students are able to use the computer labs whenever there are no classes scheduled. Entry to open lab is by specially programmed card keys issued to registered students.
- 12 cubic foot gas kiln
- raku and sawdust firing kiln
- 4 electric kilns
- electric wheels
- large covered outdoor carving facility with compressed air
- dedicated woodshop with basic shop equipment
- standard metalworking tools
- centrifugal casting facilities
- enameling and precious metal clay kiln
- forming and raising area
- photography darkroom with 15 enlargers
- Mac labs
In addition to excellent classroom facilities, Parkland Art and Design students are given the opportunity to learn from locally and nationally recognized artists through exhibits and special events put on by the Giertz Gallery at Parkland College. The Giertz Gallery hosts seven exhibits every year including two annual exhibitions of student work. In addition, the gallery also presents exhibition by contemporary artists of regional and national status.