2019 Commencement Exercises
Thursday, May 16 at 8 pm
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
Commencement is held each year at the completion of the spring semester. All students who have graduated with an associate degree or one-year certificate since the last commencement, or who expect to graduate at the end of the spring semester or the following summer sessions, are encouraged to participate.
Students should use the Graduation Procedures Checklist available on my.parkland to complete the graduation process and be able to participate in the Commencement exercise. (NOTE: Students who plan to graduate must submit a Petition to Graduate to Admissions and Records, Room U214, by March 5.)
Tickets are required for guests to be admitted to Krannert Center's Foellinger Great Hall. Guests need to arrive no later than 7:50 pm to be assured seating. To give all students an equal opportunity to have friends and family in attendance, we anticipate that each graduate will receive no fewer than three (3) and no more than four (4) tickets. (Graduates do not need a ticket.) Tickets will be issued when caps and gowns are picked up.
- Ceremony Live Streaming/Social Sharing
During the ceremony, a live stream is available from this page: http://online.parkland.edu/commencement
- Share your night with everyone! Special Commencement Snapchat filter available the night of Commencement only!
- Tag Parkland College on Facebook
- #Parkland2019 on Twitter
- @parkland_college on Instagram
A professional photographer will be available before the ceremony in the Krannert lobby. Please contact Memory Lane Photography at 217/351-1565 ahead of time to arrange an appointment. The photographer also will be taking each graduate’s picture as diplomas are received. You will be able to view and order your pictures online within a couple of days.
- 6:00-7:25pm Pictures with graduates and families in lobby area.
- 6:30-7:30pm Pictures with graduates and friends in the student dressing room.
- After Commencement pictures with graduates, family, and friends in lobby until complete.
- Announcements and Memorabilia
Signature Announcements http://www.signaturea.com
To request accommodations for yourself or a guest attending commencement, please contact Accessibility Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (217)353-2338.
Contact the Office of Student Life in room U111 or at 217/351-2492.