Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration
Registration is required! CLICK HERE to reserve your session.
Note: Students shouldn't sign up for SOAR unless you have completed your assessment testing or submitted your ACT or SAT scores or college transcripts. If you're not sure if you've been cleared to register, contact the Assessment Center at assessmentcenter@parkland or 217/351-2432.
Get off to a good start at Parkland, with practical knowledge that will help you succeed. During your orientation session, you'll get the "who, what, where, and how" on using Parkland's services and processes. Your SOAR includes:
- Meeting with an advisor and registering for classes
- Getting your student ID
- Getting your class schedule
- Learning to navigate Parkland technology (my.parkland, WebAdvisor, student email, Cobra Learning)
- Learning how to pay your tuition bill
- Finding out college expectations and important deadlines
- Discovering what resources are available to you
- Financial Aid
- First-Year Experience
- Student Life
- Center for Academic Success
Plus, we can personally answer any questions you may have.
Questions or concerns? Call 217/353-2033 or email us. We're here to help.