Parkland College is committed to diversity, inclusiveness, excellence and professionalism. An EEO Representative serves on all hiring committees and has the essential function of ensuring that the College maintains its commitment to a fair and unbiased search process. This commitment is central to Parkland’s employment procedures for new or vacant positions as they arise within the College.
It is the public policy at Parkland, as an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, to assure for all persons freedom from discrimination because of:
- Sex, gender, gender expression
- National origin religion
- Veteran status (including Vietnam veteran)
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
This is with respect to all aspects of employment, contractual services, and construction of college facilities.
The purpose of Policy 4.01 is to ensure consistency in hiring practices throughout the College and to provide specific instruction to all who are involved in the hiring process. This policy supports Parkland’s core values of multiculturalism, and fairness and just treatment. Research has demonstrated that all students, staff, and faculty benefit from learning and working in a diverse environment. This is fundamental in the college’s commitment to diversity in its search procedures and hiring practices.
Federal and State Required Notices
The below is a list of Federal and State government required notices providing information on prospective and current employee rights. This list is not meant to be exhaustive, and additional notices may be required. Printed notices are available for viewing in Human Resources A116. Please visit the Illinois Department of Labor (IDOL) Required Postings page or the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Poster Page for additional information.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
- Fair Labor Standards Act Minimum Wage
- Family Medical Leave Act of 1993 - Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the FMLA
- OSHA 300A Annual Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) - Whistleblower Rights Poster
State of Illinois Notices
- Emergency Care for Choking
- Employment Rights
- Notice to Workers about Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Pregnancy and Your Rights in the Workplace
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace is Against the Law
- Sexual Harassment in Higher Education is Against the Law
- Smoke-Free Illinois Act
- Workers' Compensation
- Workplace Safety & Health for Public Employees
- Your Rights under Illinois Employment Laws