These are the rules governing all promotions and giveaways aired on WPCD-FM 88.7 radio, wpcd.parkland.edu website, WPCD-FM social media outlets owned and operated by WPCDFM.
Wherever the words WPCD-FM appear in these rules, they include the business entity to which the station is licensed, any member companies, parent corporations, and affiliates.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in any WPCD-FM promotion
- Subject to rule (4) below, all participants must be at least 18 year old to be eligible to participate in promotions involving concert venues that require attendees be at least 18 years old to enter.
- Subject to rule (4) below, all participants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible to participate in promotions involving venues that require attendees to be at least 21 years old to enter.
- One entry per individual will be permitted to participate in a promotion. After winning a promotion on WPCD-FM, the individual is ineligible to win the same promotion or another promotion on WPCD-FM for a period of seven (7) days. If it is determined that a selected participant is ineligible as a result of restrictions, another participant will be selected. This selection procedure will continue until these restrictions are satisfied.
- Anytime the WPCD-FM on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to WPCD FM to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast.
For telephone giveaways, listeners may enter by calling 217/373-3790. If any problems are discovered by WPCD-FM, different call-in numbers or addresses may be substituted and utilized after those numbers and addresses are broadcast on WPCD-FM.
In the event a caller is disconnected during a promotion before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the giveaway will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at WPCD-FM has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
In regard to the Internet stream of the radio station, programming may be delayed affecting promotion participation.
- For promotions entered through WPCD-FM social media outlet, all entries become property of WPCD-FM and will not be returned. WPCD-FM reserves the right to retain any or all promotion materials for any reason that WPCD-FM deems necessary to the completion of the promotion, or reasons relating to publicity and/or promotion. WPCDFM shall have no responsibility for a participant’s failure to win or claim any giveaway based on difficulties with telephone, email, or Internet difficulties, or any other circumstances in any promotion.
- Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual promotions will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
- Giveaways such as tickets or gift cards will be mailed to the winners when feasible. Otherwise, giveaways must be picked up by the winners at the WPCD-FM business office within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, unless there is a deadline date by which the giveaway(s) must be picked up, in which case, that date will be specifically stated. Otherwise, failure to pick up the giveaway(s) by the deadline will result in the forfeiture of the giveaway(s), which shall remain the property of WPCD-FM. WPCD-FM assumes no liability for the delivery of giveaways.
- As a condition of entering a promotional giveaway, participants must agree that upon winning, they will consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communication with WPCD-FM for publicity purposes.
- WPCD staff members are not eligible to win any promotional giveaway.
- All giveaways are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. WPCD-FM reserves the right to substitute a giveaway of similar value. WPCD-FM cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancelations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promote, or performer.
- WPCD-FM assumes no liability for liability, damages, situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any giveaway awarded in any promotion. WPCD-FM, all participating co-sponsor companies, affiliates thereof, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless for any action of liability arising from any promotion or giveaway awarded in any promotion. As a condition of entering a promotion, participating may be required, upon winning, to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their giveaway. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the participant’s right to claim or receive the giveaway(s).
- Where applicable, any taxes are the sole responsibility of the participant in the promotion.
- All promotions and giveaways are void where prohibited by law. All local, state, and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WPCD-FM reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any promotion (and not award the offered giveaway) at the discretion of WPCD-FM management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant. WPCD-FM reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the promotion rules have been violated in any way. WPCD-FM reserves the right to amend the rules to any promotion at any time. All decisions of WPCD-FM are final.
- Although WPCD-FM will make reasonable efforts to conduct its promotions as announced or mentioned, WPCD-FM reserves the right in extraordinary situations to change or modify the rules of its promotions as exigent circumstances may require. In such cases, WPCD-FM will amend the rules for that contest and broadcast or mention the amended rules as promptly as possible. In such case, the promotion will be conducted in accordance with the amended rules.
- A copy of these rules is available during business hours at the WPCD-FM studios, 2400 W. Bradley Avenue, Champaign, IL, 61821.