Need assistance in navigating and using any of Parkland's online systems? Need to report a technical issue? The Tech Service Desk is here to help students, faculty, and staff! We believe that technology should support you and that’s why we’re here to help!
IMPORTANT NEWS: New Student Email System Coming Soon & Cobra Mail Going Away!
On Monday, 3/21, Parkland students will start using Microsoft Outlook to access their Parkland email. On that same day, “Cobra Mail” will no longer be used. This is a great benefit to students in that they will only have one email account to keep track of and they will be able to take advantage of the advanced email features of the new system.
This change will impact students in the following ways:
- Old/existing email messages will not be migrated to Outlook, however, students will have access to view messages in the old system through the end of the semester.
- Students can forward their existing student email messages to a personal account either before or after the change occurs. After 3/21, if they forward old messages to their email@example.com account, it will be sent to their Outlook mailbox.
- When students go to stu.parkland.edu or when they click on the email icon through the portal, it will take them to a page where they can select the old system or Microsoft Outlook. They can also access their Outlook inbox directly by going to connect.parkland.edu/outlook.
- Email addresses will remain the same and students will log in to Outlook with their ParklandOne credentials.
- “Cobra Mail” will no longer exist. There will be a new widget on the home page that will display student’s email. If a user clicks on this widget, they will be taken to their Outlook account.
- Since Cobra Mail is going away and existing Cobra messages will not be moved into Outlook, students will want to forward any Cobra Mail messages they want to keep to a personal email account prior to 3/21.
- Students will still be able to send and view sent email from within Cobra.
This change will impact faculty in the following ways:
- “Cobra Mail” will no longer exist. There will be a new widget on the home page that will display faculty’s email. If a user clicks on this widget, they will be taken to their Outlook account.
- Since Cobra Mail is going away and existing Cobra messages will not be moved into Outlook, faculty will want to forward any Cobra Mail messages they want to keep to another email account prior to 3/21. Faculty can forward their Cobra messages to firstname.lastname@example.org and those messages will be sent to their Outlook inbox.
- Faculty will still be able to send and view sent email from within Cobra.
- Faculty can still send the class email from the classlist page.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Tech Service Desk at 353-3333 with any questions or concerns.
In-person Assistance in A184:
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30 am to 6 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am to 5 pm
In-person Assistance in the Parkland Library (Tech SD Satellite):
- Monday-Thursday: 10 am to 2 pm
- Friday: 10 am to 12 pm
Virtual / Phone Assistance:
Holidays and Breaks:
Please note that the Tech Service Desk observes the following holidays:
Martin Luther King Jr. Day (1/19/15), Spring Break Day (3/27/15), Memorial Day (5/25/15), July 4th Holiday (7/2/15-7/3/15), Thanksgiving Break (11/26/15-11/27/15), and Winter Break (12/24/15-1/1/16).