GEER Up is a tuition-assistance program for District 505 high schoolers who are ready to launch their college careers, gain college experience, and get a head start earning college credits, all while in high school!
GEER Up helps you prepare for a successful college career by providing eligible high schoolers with:
- support from faculty mentors
- enrollment in classes focused on meeting your goals for college
- First Year Experience (FYE) 101 helps you learn about budgeting and financial wellness, conflict management, dealing with change, and other useful tools for transitioning to college
- option of adding another course of your choice to earn college credits that transfer and help you reach your career goals
- an award package of up to $2,500
- a loaner laptop for the semester
- invaluable experience adjusting to college life
What is FYE 101: Strategies for College Success?
Students are prepared to be successful in college and beyond. This course focuses on self-assessment, goal-setting, educational and career planning, time management, interpersonal communication, and personal development.
Who is eligible?
- high school students (aged 15+) from the Parkland College District
- must be part of an underrepresented community (first generation, low income, minority) in District 505
- ready to take college courses in high school
All high school students are welcome to apply. Applications will be accepted based on remaining space in the program.