GEER Up is a tuition-assistance program for District 505 high schoolers who are ready to launch their college careers, gain college experience, and get a head start on financial aid, all while in high school!
GEER Up helps you prepare for a successful college career by providing eligible high schoolers with:
- support from faculty mentors
- enrollment in classes focused on meeting your goals for college (FYE 101)
- First Year Experience (FYE) 101 helps you learn about budgeting and financial wellness, conflict management, dealing with change, and other useful tools for transitioning to college
- option of adding another course of your choice to earn college credits that transfer and help you reach your career goals
- an award package of up to $2,500
- a loaner laptop for the semester
- invaluable experience adjusting to college life
What is FYE 101: Strategies for College Success?
Students are prepared to be successful in college and beyond. This course focuses on self-assessment, goal-setting, educational and career planning, time management, interpersonal communication, and personal development.
Who is eligible?
- high schoolers aged 15+, including recent grads
- must be part of an underrepresented community (first generation, low income, minority) in District 505
- ready to take college courses in high school
All high school students are welcome to apply. Applications will be accepted based on remaining space in the program.
Check back later for updates.