AFTER the prerequisites are satisfied, the program is three semesters of up to 14 credit hours per semester.
- Anatomy and Physiology I (within five years) (if taking at Parkland, chemistry is a prerequisite within three years)
- Introduction to Psychology
- Composition I
Most courses taken elsewhere will transfer but will need to be evaluated.
Nursing Assistant certification not required.
Students must take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) through the testing center.
- Math assessment within two years.
- Must place into MAT 108 or have passed MAT 086, MAT 071, or MAT 072 with a grade of C or higher within two years.
- Courses are mostly in class
- Schedule is designed so that students only need to attend class or clinical 2–3 days per week
- Some evening and weekend clinical sections are available
Unique circumstances will be evaluated by the Nursing Program director. The goal is to ensure your success in the program.