AFTER the prerequisites are satisfied, the program is three semesters of up to 14 credit hours per semester.
- Anatomy and Physiology I (within five years) (if taking at Parkland, chemistry is a prerequisite within three years)
- Introduction to Psychology
- Composition I
Most courses taken elsewhere will transfer but will need to be evaluated.
Nursing Assistant certification not required.
Students must take the Kaplan nursing entrance exam through the testing center.
- Math assessment within two years.
- Must place into MAT 108 or have passed MAT 086, MAT 071, or MAT 072 with a grade of C or higher within two years.
- Courses are mostly in class
- Schedule is designed so that students only need to attend class or clinical 2–3 days per week
- Some evening and weekend clinical sections are available
Unique circumstances will be evaluated by the Nursing Program director. The goal is to ensure your success in the program.