Classroom/skills lab. Respectful clothing will be worn in the classroom/skills lab setting to accommodate comfort during the practice and demonstration of skills. Visible undergarments, short skirts, low-cut pants or tops are not considered respectful.
Clinical Setting: The color of the uniform will be determined by the faculty (no jeans/leggings/sweat pants). Clean white shoes and socks are preferred. No open toed shoes allowed. Undergarments must not be visible. Hair longer than shoulder-length must be pulled away from the face and tied back. Beards and mustaches must be modest and trimmed.
Clinical attire NOT ALLOWED:
- Sweat clothing
- Underwear type T-shirts
- Dangling earrings.
- Rings other than plain bands
- Colored nail polish
- Artificial fingernails
- Necklaces other than a narrow chain worn under the blouse or shirt
- Heavy make-up or perfume
- Facial piercings including tongue piercings (see clinical policy)
- Visible body art – needs to be covered
If the instructor determines a student’s attire or appearance is inappropriate for the lecture/lab/clinical setting, the student will be instructed to leave and counted absent for that day.
Equipment needed for clinical
- Wristwatch with a second hand
- Black ballpoint pen
- Prefer the student to have their own stethoscope.
- Gait Belt-provided by Parkland College
- Clinical ID badge-instructor will advise students on procedure to obtain ID