The Early Transfer Academy (ETA) is a specialized program for high school and home school juniors and seniors who are ready to begin fulfilling their college general education requirements while still in high school.
ETA participants can fulfill general education course requirements in social sciences, fine and applied arts, humanities, communication, physical and life sciences, and mathematics. One- and two-year options are available, allowing students to reduce the time needed to earn an associate's or bachelor's degree after high school
EARN college credit while in high school:
- Increase your chance at college success through First Year Experience and cohort components while getting help from highly supportive faculty.
- Classes meet 8-9:15 a.m., Monday - Friday, and are designed to work with high school schedules
- Preparation for college online courses through structured hybrid experiences
- Flexibility in course selection in conjunction with established high school dual credit courses
- Apply course credits to the completion of the Gen Ed Certificate or a Parkland College associate's degree. Credits can also transfer to public colleges and universities across Illinois.
REDUCE time needed to earn a degree after high school:
- Earn up to 18 credit hours in one year; or
- earn 32-38 credit hours in two years
SAVE on college with affordable in-district tuition:
- At just a fraction of the cost of a 4-year institution, Parkland's in-district tuition rates save you money toward your future degree.
- Take advantage of the Parkland College payment plan to make tuition more manageable.
College cost estimates are listed below, based on the 2017–2018 tuition and fee rates for each institution as retrieved 10/2017. Textbook and supply costs are included and will vary. Rates are based on 18 hours of credit. Select College/University name below for more information.
|University of Illinois
|Illinois State University
|Eastern Illinois University