Students who qualify for the TRiO program must meet the following guidelines:
- Must be enrolled as Parkland College student. Concurrently enrolled and dual credit student may not be eligible.
- Must be enrolled full-time, demonstrate both an academic need, and the ability to graduate within four years.
- Must be in good standing with the college. This includes Financial Aid, Admissions, and Dean of Students.
- Must be US Citizen, permanent resident, or whose Visa status allows you to be awarded federal financial aid. For clarification, please contact the TRiO director.
- Must plan on graduating from Parkland within four years of entering the TRiO program.
Program participants must meet any of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student. This is defined as:
- Your parents did not graduate from with a 4-year degree, or
- You did not live with your parents prior to the age of 18, or
- You only lived with one parent and that parent did not graduate with 4-year degree.
- Demonstrated financial need according to federal income guidelines. If you receive the Pell or Map grant you probably would meet this guideline.
- Have a documented disability and are registered with Office of Accessibility Services at Parkland College.
The director of the program reserves the right to accept or deny potential program participants based on above qualification. If you do not meet any or all of these qualifications and are still interested in becoming a participant, please contact the director of the program to discuss your options.
Want to become a member of TRiO? Click HERE for the application.