The application period for 2022 is now open!
Informational sessions will be held Thursday, October 7, 2021, from Noon to 1 pm in room A175 and virtually 6 to 7 pm (View here). Sign up for an information session here.
CobraVenture: Put your business ideas into action.
- Network with students who also want to be their own boss.
- Build your business plan with helpful workshops.
- Learn from local entrepreneurs.
- Take the chance to pitch your business plan to area leaders.
- This no-cost program outside the classroom with a Pitch Showcase gives you:
- A chance to WIN $3,000 in seed money for your business (the Murray Wise Student Entrepreneur of the Year Prize).
- Chances to WIN $300 to $1,500 in seed money (donated by local entrepreneurs).
- Cohorts start each spring semester.
CobraVenture is a student-entrepreneur cohort for current Parkland College students who want to start their own business while still in enrolled in college. Students can be part of any academic program, but the thread that ties them together is the desire to take their idea from concept to commerce. For the 2022 cohort, students can earn "seed-money" awards up to $3,000 for their business through participation in the CobraVenture Pitch Showcase in May.
The cohort model provides for a close-knit group to embark on the process together, through a series of workshops on topics important to getting their businesses started. Led by a facilitator, workshop topics are presented by Parkland faculty, business leaders, and alumni. Students do not receive academic credit for participation, but rather real-world skills that enhance what they have learned in the classroom. Participation is free but requires a high level of dedication. Workshops will be held on Thursday evenings during the spring semester.
CobraVenture is a collaboration of the Office of the Vice President of Communications and External Affairs, Parkland College Community Education, and the Parkland Foundation.
Need More Information?
Contact Marc Changnon, Entrepreneurship Coordinator, at email@example.com or Jessie McClusky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marc Changnon, Entrepreneurship Coordinator
- Steve Gardner, Cozad Asset Management
- Triss Henderson, Director, Parkland Community Education
- Mark Kesler, Parkland Business Faculty
- John Martinie, The Atkins Group
- Jessie McClusky, Parkland Community Education
- Jonathan Ross, Parkland Faculty
- Cindy Smith, Program Manager, Parkland College Arts and Sciences
- Stephanie Stuart, Parkland College
- Ken Taylor, University of Illinois
- Tracy Wahlfeldt, Parkland Foundation