The application period for 2020 is now open!
An informational session will be held Thursday, October 24, 2019, from Noon-1 PM in room A175.
- Networking with students who also want to be their own boss
- Workshops that hone your business skills
- One-on-one mentoring by a local business owner
- The chance to pitch your business idea to the community
CobraVenture is a student entrepreneur cohort for current Parkland College students who want to start their own business while still in enrolled in college. Students can be part of any academic program, but the thread that ties them together is the desire to take their idea from concept to commerce. For the 2019 cohort, students can earn up to $3,000 in seed money for their business through participation in the CobraVenture capstone Pitch Showcase in May.
The cohort model provides for a close-knit group to embark on the process together, through a series of workshops on topics important to getting their businesses started. Led by a facilitator, workshop topics are presented by Parkland faculty, business leaders, and alumni. Students do not receive academic credit for participation, but rather real-world skills that enhance what they have learned in the classroom. Participation is free but requires a high level of dedication. Workshops will be held on Thursday evenings.
CobraVenture is a collaboration of the Office of the Vice President of Communications and External Affairs, Parkland College Community Education, and the Parkland Foundation.
Need More Information?
Contact Marc Changnon, Entrepreneurship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessie McClusky-Gilbert at email@example.com.
- Betty Brennan, Taylor Studios
- Marc Changnon, Entrepreneurship Facilitator
- Greg Cozad, Cozad Asset Management
- Kris Ehler,Ehler Bros.
- Triss Henderson, Director, Parkland Community Education
- Mark Kesler, Parkland Business Faculty
- Jilyan Landon, Ryan Dallas Real Estate
- Kendra McClure, Parkland Faculty
- Jessie McClusky-Gilbert, Parkland Community Education
- Annie Murray, LA Gourmet/Pear Tree Estate
- Stephanie Pitts-Noggle, Champaign Public Library
- Salvo Rodriguez, United Way of Champaign County
- Jonathan Ross, Parkland Faculty
- Bobbi Scholze, Dean, Parkland Career and Technical Education
- Cindy Smith, Program Manager, Parkland College Arts and Sciences
- Stephanie Stuart, Parkland College
- Ken Taylor, Granular
- Tracy Wahlfeldt, Parkland Foundation